Records Management Statistics
Studies have shown that workers waste 20% to 40% of their time searching for documents manually. Lost or misplaced paper files are a common problem with potentially disastrous results.
The following statistics on document management are alarming:
- 90% of corporate memory exists on paper
- Of all the documents that get handled each day in the average office, 90% are merely shuffled
- The average document gets copied 19 times
- Companies spend €14.75 in labour to file a document
- It costs €88.51 to find a misfiled document
- It costs €162.28 to reproduce a lost document
- 7.5% of all documents get lost, 3% of the remainder get misfiled
- Professionals spend 5-15% of their time reading information, but up to 50% looking for it.
Source: Coopers & Lybrand
GRM can deliver your files within 30 minutes